Dine in Deviantart--Laiden-Cerise

Dine in Deviantart--Laiden-Cerise
+More Artworks over Laiden-Cerise.deviantart.com+

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Grand Pop Culture Fair October 2012- Indie Art booth with sis


   Was at Megatrade hall 3 last 13-14October 2012 for the Indie Artist booth during the Grand Pop Culture Fair~ with :devau-di: during the two days :) Awwww this is
the first time I'll be doing an artbooth for a J-pop and K-pop event!
Grand pop culture fair banner

 DAY 1 OCT.13, 2012--JPOP PERFORMERS, JPOP & KPOP SINGERS

We came early today, me and my artist friend audi and we were the first ones in the indie artist section~ Hmmm
the art booths are shaped in a square format this time, and we chose the area in front of the stage





This is the view from my seat~ ahem perfect for watching the performers later on :)


After we had set up our good~ my friend cocojam surprised us!
 hahaha I didn't know she was coming to the event! :XD: she took this pic for us.
 

Too bad she needs to come home early awwww  our goods are disarranged  ehehe





Then :ramlyn grace came for the event :) awww here's the pens she uses on her artworks. I had told her to bring it so I can see it~ thanks much for bringing the pens!
And I had a short talk like an interview with her about how she learned art. It's interesting to note she learned from her Grand Aunt who was also a self-taught artist.

Then, one girl came over our booth, and asked me if I have DA, and it turns out its  hikizuu  waaaah a DA friend of my lil sis :devmaiden-azaleya: unfortunately, my sis had post test reviews on a special SAT class so she was unable to come..Funny
to find out that she's also friends with ramlyn grace so we all just laughed at the discovery. Here's the three of us during the event.



But if that's a fun coincidence, it wasn't the end of surprises. One girl cosplaying as Princess Bubblegum in Adventure time came to the booth and asked :devau-di: for a commission. Turns out she was also a friend of :ramlyn grace in DA~ And she was *gasp* an awesome artist!! And I was like *AMG* where was this
girl from and how astonished we were at her lovely works! Turns out her mom owns the Accessory booth "Chameleon" and she goes to Kpop events much. We were happy to have her invited to our little group~  phillydelphy posed with us inside the booth during Day 1.




Yeah, so I asked her for a short interview :XD: Turns out she is more into games (hmmm really reminds me of a good friend of mine) and she's already in college taking up an animation course. She could relate much to people who had 'haters" ( yes, guys people are just like that) for she experienced having some. And for her artworks, she's much inspired by the game Soul Calibur~ She may look and sound angsty but Philly is still a thoughtful girl :heart: and very supportive of fellow artists.
Here's a pic of Bubblegum princess philly and me.


Awww and before the day ended phillydelphy gave me a cute sketch! Aww thanks dear!


My friend Audi also gave me this little freebie that I had put in my bulletin board so I can see it everyday~


The day ended with the contest of Jpop and Kpop singers in the stage. Hmmm some had really nice talent. Today seems to be a much peaceful one~ I was able to talk with artists from the neighboring booths, like   zaeris whom I had met before at the other events, she's actually working for a bank and does art booths for the love of it :)
and  kirej7.it was fun that for the first time, it seems we weren't all busy with stuff and customers that we had time to talk :)

*I am still organizing parts of the notes I had written for the interviews so there, its just a small  preview here about it~*

DAY 2: OCT. 14, 2012---KPOP DANCE PERFORMERS

Me, sis, Philly and Audi


The next day, I went first to the event as Audi had some things to do first. I was with my sis maiden-azaleya...We arrived a bit late and went to the booth. Seeing :devEnjelia: at our place, I had thought she had mistaken the booth to be her place, but it turns out that she was also friends with Philly and was accompanying her while we haven't arrived..Wow..its amazing how one friend knows this friend and we are all connected in one sort of way :XD:
Here's a pic of us during the booth. My sis will be sitting in the booth for me while Im free to roam ehehee. Then after I had set up some goods, Philly saw an artwork of my friend myinji that bookmark set we had sold last time during cosplay camp. Amazingly, Philly was also friends with her! and I was like :iconaawplz: hahahah what a small world after all~
Our little art booth (T_T) awww we had poor quality prints and had to made the prices lower  & only sold old works*cries*

And again there was another weird guy who came to the art booth. This time phillydelphy took care of him ehe. This guy was asking for a commission but didn't quite gave a clear description of what he wanted and kept making small talk. I watched Philly handle that customer. Aww I give her PR skills a perfect 10! Not only was she able to get a commission,she was able to show that guy that artist girls should be taken seriously~*highfives*

  first ever on the spot artwork commission of  my sis
My little sis also made an on-the-spot artwork commission. 
I had chanced upon this cosplayer who dropped by the booth! Wooh high energy ahaha



I also met eyesberg, a friend of :devau-di: who dropped by the booth~ nice meeting you girl :) she showed me one of her indie comics from their group :)

While everyone was watching the kpop performers and all, I had chanced upon Enjelia, author of the manga Better-Boyfriend this time there were less people and I had decided to ask her for a short interview. Enj had this homely feel, contrary to what me (yes me haha) had first thought
that  some of the established artists like her are kinda snobbish. Yes people, I now testify...they are probably just busy so we all thought they're like that. Its interesting to note that she's actually taking a course in Architecture and not Fine Arts. She really loves manga and anime but still considers her course a top priority, and does artwork commissions as a sideline job to support her studies.

**Our interview isn't done yet hahaha. I will post more of the detailed interview in my blog after I finish the write-up **

I also had a chance to take a photo at the booth of inkjinks



*awww I wasn't able to interview them but next time for sure I'll try ehehe

One of the artists that I always see in art booths and I think is a mainstay in the indie artist sections is one of my lil sis fave artists in DA, miss: rabbit-edge (:XD: and its funny to note that I'm actually a year older than her hahah but I called her miss )

With my sis and Edge




Again I tell you guys that I testify, she may look *ehem* angsty but she's really warm in person. pls. note that she must have been busy with her commissions that's why she doesn't talk much during events. And this time, I was able to have a short interview with her.

She's even generous, she gave my sis a bookmark of her original artwork.
Waaah thanks much Edge!!! 



 She's been  selling at art booths since 2009 and one of her fave animes when she was young was ghost fighter (Yuyu Hakusho, which I guess, most of us back in 1999-2000 must have all watched, hahaha ) and the interview was cut short due to the performance of this bishie kpop performers. Waaah we seem to all have spazzed but Edge really enjoyed the performance and abruptly stopped eating her meal still spazzed at the performers haha,  and with Enjelia decided to take a closer look at the kpop bishie boys, because we were waiting for them at the end of the stage but sadly, they came down the other side. We were all screaming like fan girls at the event. Goodness, this event is one of the noisiest conventions I had ever been, with all the fan boys but mostly girls screaming~

Sorry for the blurred pics awww camera phone quality is *fail*

Some of the boys from the indie art booth had a pic with the Kpop girl performers


>>>>And the event was a wrap. I hurried to go out of the convention since I had to meet one of my oldest friends back in the foodcourt.  Didn't sell much this event but the experience was really fun. Too bad my other artist friends at CURIOworks couldn't come. As for the others asking about membership at our little group, I regret to inform you, again "No comment, no media." We had some things that need to be fixed and as of now, the group is on hiatus I guess. We will inform you once things are settled~ Thanks much to everyone's support!

See you on the next cons!!! :) We plan to come on the Dec. 2012 event~

SPECIAL THANKS AND CREDITS:
au-di--for everything and making this possible, lab yu girl!
ramlyngrace & cocojam--for the photos & ram for the meal (T_T) and dropping by the booth :)
phillydelphy--for cheering us up and the chocolates!! yay~ 
zaeris, enjelia,rabbit-edge:-- who granted me short interviews, thanks for being so accommodating! will note you once I'm done with my blog 
Kuya Bryan, Arnold and Earl--thanks for informing me where my jacket went coz I left it And to everyone who I forgot, thanks much!!!


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment