Dine in Deviantart--Laiden-Cerise

Dine in Deviantart--Laiden-Cerise
+More Artworks over Laiden-Cerise.deviantart.com+

Saturday, July 21, 2012

How I draw in Trad & My Coloring Materials in the Philippines


MY TRADITIONAL COLORING MATERIALS
Pardon the blurry cellphone pics! What did  I use on most  of  my trad  artworks? Yes its the ones you'll  be  seeing down there~


Very  old  coloring materials--salvaged from my highschool and college days

The pens we  use in drawing which I now borrow from my sister :XD:




The poster paints me and my sister Tine share

The Derwent watercolor pencil which I bought for solo-one-peice yay!


HOW I DRAW MY TRAD ARTWORKS

So some had  asked me how  I do my traditional artworks. I'm not a pro artist, I'm self-taught after failing to go to art school due to many financial constraints and other twist of events and I am lazy!*lol* But since I have  my premium sub now   I wanna share how  I do  my Trad works. Pardon the blurry pics  from my cellphone. One day I'll finally get a nice cam to  work on.   Note this is not a tutorial, but rather a peek from someone who just draws on her own way~

First for me usually is the sketch-- just a doodle over there and here using my mechanical   pencil.   Here's my sketch on my contest  entry  on my character  Fiamma   Urie (means "Fire" in latin)


--pencil  sketch on  Elite Vellum board, My Original character Fiamma Urie-
Then  ink the pencil lines using unipen (if I'll be using water colors/poster  paints since unipen is waterproof)  or gtech/dong-ah gel  pens (if I'll  use color pencils)in this artwork I used the dong-ah gel  pen
--fiamma  urie  line art--
The third part for me usually is the coloring process (which I enjoy doing the most) wherein I will color to my hearts content  :) I used Faber Castell color pencils and other coloring tools like some old color pens, Reeves and Best buy poster paints (borrowed from  little sister :devMaiden-Azaleya: *Laiden is now poor with coloring materials hahha)

--halfcolored  fiama  urie-

Then after  coloring, scanning process  (sometimes good artist friends who gave me  free scans sometimes  thru the small  PC shop   where  I'll have to  pay..I really need to have  my own scanner :XD:) and some editing in Adobe  Photoshop CS3 for  the BG  and adjustments..and voila, here's the finished product~

Well that's  how it goes   for me   in Trad Artworks~ I haven't  learned Paint tool Sai and other stuff in digi art so there~

After you make your artworks, if you want something out of it (yep,  points   or money anyone)  its  either you'll take on Art Commissions, Trades or contests   (I did the contests  and I rarely draw commissions hhahaha) And  if  you  are lucky   enough  to  have artist friends who'll be committed to draw  give time,effort, and money why not set up an art  booth in an event and sell your artworks? :) Here's our little art booth during the Ozine 2012
I went with artist friends from our little art team named CURIOworks

 Zoom  in Curio art booth~  We made  keychains and other stuff that we sold   during the event~


Selling on an art booth  was a fun experience too, but at the same time you'll  not  only use your art skills  here, you  gotta learn  some  have good people relations skills and long patience  (I tell  you there are really weird customers at times)  as much as possible  not only for the customers  but also  for your co-artists (if you  are  sharing the booth as a group)~*clashing personalities *cough*

But in the end though we didn't get the "sold out" label, I was just happy to have tried an artbooth~
I never made commission on the artbooths but I am glad to see people smiling and happy to see our
works, some even careful on keeping the items they had bought~

I am a Commerce graduate and weirdly enough, I still didn't think of profit with the art booths.
I think I did art booths for the love of it :)

Hoping to finally have more lovely time with the art booths :)

2 comments:

  1. Your artwork is really good! Even better that you've used traditional coloring materials and school supplies and that you’ve recycled them from your high school days! It's really nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thank you for your comment sorry for replying years later as I have not opened this blog for years, yes I did recycle the art tools haha

      Delete